Advertisement

A Graph is a Rule (level UP2 video maths tutorial)

A Graph is a Rule (level UP2 video maths tutorial) This is the way I like to teach the basics of graphs.

-------------------------------------------------

I have written a maths book based on my experiences as a maths tutor. It is called "Improve Your Maths Grade in 2 Hours". It covers the unique methods I teach my students to give them an "unfair advantage" in their exams. Note, the book does not repeat for the millionth time common things that most good teachers can show you already: It only looks at the kind of "high value input" you might expect from a top maths tutor.

The book is also a useful index to the videos; You might purchase it just for this reason.

The second half of the book then covers statistics, mechanics and physics; again with an emphasis on unique (grade boosting) ways of thinking.

I believe that working through the book and picking out bits that are useful to you gives you the equivalent experience of doing two private tutorials with me: hence the 2 hour claim.

"Improve Your Maths Grade in 2 Hours" is available on Amazon worldwide: (these links are to my author page)






-------------------------------------------------

From the very start, as a maths tutor, I developed unique methods that will answer any question on a given topic. This, plus my straight-to-the-point teaching approach, is what my students seem to like the most and what enabled me to make a living as a high-end maths tutor.

I have now moved on in my career to become a writer. However, I wanted to continue teaching maths, hence I tidied up the videos to be more than just a library I could pick from to give to my students as homework (and hence I also wrote the book to go with them). Incredibly I now reach more people through my maths book and videos than I ever used to as a tutor!

I think the most important videos are those that set out my unique topic approaches. For example I have a 5-step approach to solve any equation. Similarly, I have a 5-step approach to answer any triangle question.

Some of the videos are "get to the point" type videos that explain a simple concept in maths quickly: Mainly I made these for topics where I could not find a non-waffly video to link to my students.

Other videos are "sets of questions" videos that mix up the type of question asked to make learning more effective than with the (surprisingly common) approach of repeating the same vocab and structure with each question. I mainly made these to give to my students as homework.

-------------------------------------------------

The videos come in four levels:

UP1 - beginner maths

UP2 - perhaps when you are aged 8 or 9 maths gets a bit more complex

UP3 - all the way to exams for students not aiming to continue with anything too far beyond basic maths in their studies or work

UP4 - students aiming for a particularly high grade at school or going on to a mathematical subject such as science, engineering, computing, economics or (obviously) mathematics

-------------------------------------------------

Thanks for watching and reading. I like to do revision sessions for schools and libraries. You are welcome to contact me about this.

introduction to graphs,

Post a Comment

0 Comments