Advertisement

Christian Pulisic aspiring to emulate Eden Hazard at Chelsea

Christian Pulisic aspiring to emulate Eden Hazard at Chelsea Christian Pulisic believes he has all of the attributes to be as good as Chelsea's current talisman Eden Hazard one day. USA international Pulisic, who signed for Chelsea for £57.6m in the January transfer window, completed his switch to Stamford Bridge following the conclusion of Borussia Dortmund's season. With Hazard's future uncertain amid interest from Real Madrid, Pulisic has been viewed as a long-term replacement for the Belgian, and it's a role the 20-year-old feels he can fulfil with hard work. Asked if he could be as good as Hazard, Pulisic told Sky Sports News in an exclusive interview: "Of course, I want to believe that I can be the best player I can possibly be. "That's why I work so hard every day and why I thought it was necessary for me to take this next step in my career and to come here. I have so much more to learn as a player and am excited to see what the future holds. "It's a great compliment [to be compared to Hazard], he's obviously much further along in his career than I am. He is an unbelievable player. "I guess I have a similar style with an attacking and creative mindset like he does, he's very quick and shifty. "There's a lot to learn from him. It would be a great goal to do what he does. Everyone can see he is an unbelievable player and I would be honoured to play alongside him. "We will see what happens but, either way, I'm happy to be a Chelsea player." Chelsea are currently awaiting their appeal against a two-window transfer ban to the Court of Arbitration for Sport after it was rejected by FIFA. As it stands Chelsea can still buy players but are not be able to register them until the summer of 2020. So, how come they can they still sign Pulisic? Because Chelsea completed the transfer for Pulisic in January - before their transfer ban was implemented. He was then loaned back to Borussia Dortmund for the remainder of the 2018/19 season. With Hazard's move to Real Madrid seemingly imminent, there is a high chance of an opening in Chelsea's frontline for the USA international, who will be keen to lock down a starting spot and justify his £57.6m transfer fee. The 20-year-old has played predominantly on the right flank last season, operating from there 17 times out of his 20 league appearances, but has also played on the left in his career (three times in 18/19). A maturing Callum Hudson-Odoi is expected to play a greater role in Chelsea's campaign next season on the right while Pedro played entirely on the right-hand side last season, meaning the left wing is where the opening will likely be. But if Hazard decides to stay then there could be an argument for the 21-year-old to play in the number 10 role. "I'm definitely looking forward to being here," Pulisic told the club's official website. "I can't wait, it's going to be an amazing experience. "A little change for me, but to be in England and be able to speak English... I'm thrilled. I've been waiting a long time for this. It has been one of my bigg

Sky,Sports,Football,Premier League,Premiership,Chelsea,Soccer,Stamford Bridge,FA,Carling,Petr Cech,Hilario,Ashley Cole,Jose Bosingwa,Paulo Ferreira,John Terry,Alex,Belletti,Michael Essien,Frank Lampard,John Obi Mikel,Florent Malouda,Didier Drogba,Salomon Kalou,Nicolas Anelka,Ancelotti,Miroslav,Stoch,Abramovich,Kenyon,Turnbull,Ivanovic,Mancienne,Zhirkov,Benayoun,

Post a Comment

0 Comments