Advertisement

San Juan Capistrano Acupuncturist, Dr Martha Hall, Presents “What is Functional Medicine”?

San Juan Capistrano Acupuncturist, Dr Martha Hall, Presents “What is Functional Medicine”? Produced by
Functional Medicine is a patient-centered practice that focuses on optimal functioning of the body and its organs that allows patients and clinicians to work together to address the underlying causes of their issues and promote optimal wellness by healing the body in a holistic and alternative way.

It requires a Biochemical genetic, biochemical, and lifestyle which helps me understand my patients so I can personalize a treatment plan that can help lead my patients to an improved healthy outcome.

I do this By addressing the root cause, rather than symptoms. Clinicians like myself, hone in by identifying the difficulty of complaint. We may find one condition has many different causes and, likewise, one cause may result in many different conditions.

I tell all my patients that the body is always trying to talk to us we just don't know how to understand it. An example would be a burp, that is a sign that the gallbladder needs help in digestion fats. Or if you have gas and it smells your body cannot digest proteins, or if you have gas and it doesn't smell it tells me that your body cannot digest carbohydrates.

If patient grinds their teeth at night or has receding gum lines, most likely the patient has parasites. And depending on where a headache is it tells me what is going on inside the body, an example would be if the patient has just a right-sided headache many times it is a gallbladder issue, or a headache in the back of the head, occipital area, tells me that the patient's most likely potassium deficient which can also lead to heart palpitations which can also lead to anxiety and/or dry mouth. The patient can have maybe just one or all of those symptoms. So, in this last case, I would prescribe a prescription grade whole food potassium supplement to help nourish the body’s deficiency. That is an example of functional medicine at worked.

I am Dr. Martha Hall, and I will love to see you as my patient to help you live a longer healthier pain-free life.

Board Certified Acupuncturist,San Juan Capistrano,Performance Production Services,Dr Martha Hall,

Post a Comment

0 Comments