Advertisement

The SINGLE Best Tool to IMPROVE Your Landscape Photos

The SINGLE Best Tool to IMPROVE Your Landscape Photos
☝️Subscribe For FREE Photography Tutorials & Get My Top 4 Compositional Tips


☝️Range Masks in Lightroom Video Series

In this week’s episode, we discuss the single best tool to improve your landscape photos. The usual editing workflow for my landscape photos always starts out in Lightroom and generally has to be finished within Photoshop for the sheer fact that you cannot create a highly targeted local adjustment within Lightroom. Before range masks, the only way to create a refined local adjustment was to manually apply the edit with an adjustment brush, which wasn't an all too "refined" approach. With the addition of range masks, my need to always finish an edit in Photoshop has drastically been reduced as I can now create highly refined local adjustments for my landscape photos without ever having to leave Lightroom.

In this video, I review the differences between global and local adjustments, why one is better than the other and how I use Range Masks to enhance details and bring out stunning colors in my landscape photos. Lightroom offers multiple range mask options to choose from, but I generally use the luminance and color range masks for my landscape images. There will always be something that Photoshop can do that Lightroom cannot, but as these programs evolve the power of both makes the need to jump from one to the other less and less. In my opinion, the addition of range masks has been the single best thing that has ever happened to Lightroom and is a tool that I use on just about every single one of my landscape photos.

If you enjoyed this video, please consider giving it a thumbs up and let me know what you think in the comments below - I guarantee I'll get back to ya.

Thanks for watching everyone!

-Mark D.

**FREE TRIAL: Music & Sound Effects I Use**


**Below are the items in my Camera Bag for 2019**

Main Camera:
Video Camera:
Best Wide Angle Lens:
My Long Lens:
My Only Prime Lens:
Video ND+PL Filter:
6 Stop ND Filter:
10 Stop ND Filter:
Soft Edge Graduated Filter:
Medium Edge Graduated Filter:
Apple's Greatest Invention:
Awesome Photog Gloves:
Perfect Cable Ties:
Main Flashlight:
Terrific Headlamp:
Tiny Backup Drive:
My Favorite Jacket:
Giottos Rocket Blaster Lens Cleaner:
My Filter System:
Moleskin Small Shell Case:
Favorite Adventure Backpack:
Main Everyday Pack:
Perfect Small Accessory Case:
My Filter Pouch:
Think Tank Photo DSLR Battery Holder 4
Soft SD Card Case:
Memory Card Case:
Vlogging Microphone:
Favorite Tripod:
Main Ballhead:
My L Bracket:
Remote Shutter:
Battery Backup:

**Photo & Video Gear I Use**


I earn a small commission on the Amazon links if you decide to purchase the item. This tiny commission adds up and greatly helps me to continue creating content for this channel. I very much appreciate your support!

#landscapephotography #photography

FOLLOW ME HERE:
Instagram:
Facebook:
Twitter:
Website:

lightroom range mask tutorial,how to use range mask in lightroom,range masks in lightroom,range mask lightroom,range mask tutorial,lightroom luminance range mask,lightroom color range mask,range mask,lightroom editing tips,lightroom editing,lightroom tips and tricks,adobe lightroom,lightroom,landscape photography tips,landscape photography tutorial,landscape photography for beginners,landscape photography,landscape,photography,mark denney,

Post a Comment

0 Comments