Hello! My name is Derek McClinton. This is the first single from my upcoming album, 'Derek McClinton', available for free on September 27th, 2019. The music and lyrics in this video were both written by me. If you want to support and follow me, check this description soon for website and social media links! Thanks for listening! LYRICS:
Here we are again:
trapped and I’m to blame.
To think, I was infallible;
now all I have is shame.
I’m sorry for the ugliness,
I’m sorry for the fall.
If I had known what I was doing,
I’d have never done it at all.
I know it hurts to realize
And find yourself alone,
But does it hurt to empathize
with the feelings I have shown?
Things start to change
And there’s nothing you can do.
Take the trouble I’ve been given
And give it back to you.
You showed me all the signs.
What else could I infer?
If you weren’t with him
you were wishing that you were.
Look into your heart and
you’ll find yourself to see:
The other half of you is
the only half of me.
So now you’ve shut me out
and locked all of your doors.
The only way that I see in
I’ve never seen before.
You think you can control me,
but I’m not what I have been:
Had I known it’d hurt you,
then I’d do it all again.
I’m sorry for the fire burnin’ down the rubble.
I just never thought I’d wake up to find myself in trouble.
I’m not a perfect man,
but I don’t deserve to hurt.
I will not sit back and listen
while you throw me in the dirt.
I will not be what I was,
I will not be who you are,
I will learn from what we were
And never show the world the scar.
So, if you want to work it out,
“You know I love you so,”
I hate to be the one to tell you this,
But you are all alone.

0 Comments