Advertisement

How it began in Laal Chowk Muzaffarabad - AJK 25|10|19

How it began in Laal Chowk Muzaffarabad - AJK 25|10|19 This was a carefully considered event to wake up the public and government of AJK alike, on the subject of security in AJK.

At no point in time did I put my life or anyone else's life in danger.

Contrary to the allegation of suicide put before a court in Muzaffarabad, everything I've done in this territory is pro-life. What I am struggling for and want to achieve needs years of further research and struggle. My only chance of succeeding is if I live to complete what I want to do.

A public protest should always be to address an attention deficit, particularly in matters relating to the security of a territory, in our case AJK.

We can no longer tolerate a system of governance run by shadows without a trace. Tomorrow, they will adopt even more brutal tactics to submerge us into Pakistan.

We - the inheritors of AJK - need to get a grip on the requisite criteria for accountability before it is too late.

A local IG will put us on the right road to OBMs (Ownership-Building Measures), future public protests will be more engaging and fulfill their purpose of building a functional bridge between the AJK public and its own government.

I've been hitting the nail on the head with increasing velocity over the past month in particular. That is why my ancestral home in Sehnsa was raided on the 24th of October. If I can't bring the suspects before a court of law, I have to address the public at large somehow.

If the AJK government was serious in developing the dialogue on the subject of installing a local IG in public interest, I would have gladly climbed back down and there would have been no reason to activate the 'rescue services'. It was akin to making a calm situation potentially volatile.

As it became clear while sitting atop the tower at Laal Chowk for 6 hours, the AJK government made it clear that the subject of installing a local IG was out of the question.

The government or more pointedly the shadows running our government - without legal reference or any form of accountability - had to be pushed to the limit and I did that.

We want to live life to the full but on terms with a local constitutional reference.

Our dignity is in our own hands.

AJK,Laal Chowk Muzaffarabad,Constitutional Ambiguity,Kashmir,Jammu,Public Protests,Freedom of Assembly,

Post a Comment

0 Comments